Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Heart Risotto


There is just something wonderful about a big bowl of warm, oozing, cheesy risotto that makes me want to curl up on the couch, maybe with a cozy blanket (weather permitting), and savor every last bite. Lately I have been making my new found favorite recipe that I got from Simply Blythe. Her onion risotto is so incredible that I made it twice in one week, and craved it every day in between. I do opt to add the broth slowly, though, allowing each precious pearl to soak in goodness, while releasing the starch that creates a creamy harmony of flavor and texture. Heaven! While it is not a speedy meal, it is worth every careful turn of the spoon, which is why I tend to make it on the nights that Brian has a late class or is studying. I may be a gluten for punishment, but I enjoy leaning up to the counter with a glass of wine, listening to music and getting lost in my thoughts... all the while knowing that I have a wonderful meal to look forward to.

Tonight as I made this dish I sipped on a rosato from Wine Shop At Home and listened to the intoxicating sounds of Putumayo's Greece: A Musical Odyssey . I also decided to change things up a bit and mixed in a bit of anchovy paste with the onions, then topped it off with the a hint of lemon zest. Bon Appetit!

p.s. We are in-between camera's at the moment so I decided to share a picture I took one evening while arriving at my parent's house. The sunset was so beautiful that I jumped out of the car and started to take pictures before even saying hi to the family...sorry dad! I love you!

No comments: